t-PA acts as a cytokine to regulate lymphocyte–endothelium adhesion in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis is one of at least seven publications in 2014 citing the use of Calcein AM to date (June 27, 2014). This paper appeared in Clin Immunol152, 90. doi: 10.1016/j.clim.2014.03.004 and is authored by Jinghua Wang, et al.
Calcein AM (Calcein acetoxymethyl ester), a non-fluorescent, cell permeable compound, converts to the strongly green fluorescent calcein when hydrolyzed by intracellular esterases in live cells. It is widely used for determining cell viability since the fluorescence intensity of calcein is proportional to the amount of live cells.
AnaSpec provides Calcein AM at two purity grades, >90% or >95%, as determined by HPLC.
• Calcein AM in ultra-pure grade, >95% or at >90% purity
• Premium quality manufactured under stringent QC standards
• Manufactured in California, USA
• Special packaging available
• Bulk quantities available